Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sentimental Moments - It's "Emo" Time

The semester is finally drawing to an end. Yay. I'm finally not going to be tortured any further by those God-damned LSM modules any more but at the same time, this will be one of the final moments for this professional communication module. Getting through this module was by no means an easy feat. The assignments, coupled with those from my other history GEM, suffocated me with tons of work such that I almost sank into a bout of depression at one time. Anyway, enough ranting and down to my takeaways for this module.

I started this module with a very objective approach to communication. I viewed communication as a tool for survival and for achieving objectives. Although true, this is not all there is to the topic of communication. Interpersonal communication entails the soul of a person, drawing very heavily on one's emotional intelligence. The bonds that I've forged with TAJJ through doing the project together is a testament of this, teaching me the importance of investing my emotions into relationships. This personal approach to this last post is in contrast to my formal first post, to show that communication really depends on how well you handle the conditions and factors.

I think that the art of communication is a skill that needs to be constantly refined and used. If you don't exercise it, it will surely weaken. Learning to communicate doesn't take place only in the classroom. In fact, most of the learning has to be done outside when we are interacting with people. We have to constantly be aware of our conduct, refining it through learning from other people. I've come to believe that the spirit of this module is to embark us on a lifelong journey of self-awareness and constant self-improvement.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Brad for being such a charismatic teacher. Thanks for all your patience with us bad kids and for all the interesting and enriching experiences that you've shared with us in class.

Jeremy, signing off.

2 comments:

Brad Blackstone said...

Thank you, Jeremy, for all your efforts, fine teamwork and good cheer throughout the course. I do hope the skills that we worked on through the term can come in handy for you!

Best of luck in your future!

timothy said...

hey. It was nice working with you. I hope that the skills that i have gained from this module is as useful as it is for you. All the best in your future endeavors! :) TAJJ ROCK!