Sunday, October 12, 2008

Lessons from TAJJ

This project was certainly one of the most interesting I've ever had, as I had to depend very heavily on my project mates to pull through the project.

The period of time where I had to do the bulk of the work for the project was also the time where I had to study for my mid term tests. These were no ordinary mid terms mind you. These were the mid terms of the legendary Life Science year 2 core modules, which were as torturous as the Draize test. I really felt like a lab rat/rabbit/monkey this semester.

I felt that my group did exceptionally well working with each other and understanding each other's situation, covering for each other whenever someone needed help. We managed to communicate with each other effectively and worked together seamlessly.

There was one minor hiccup that I could mention though. I was assigned to do the background of the report and the introduction of the literature report. However, the "eternally-blur" me misunderstood it as doing one introduction for the whole project and it ended up with me not being able to attend one meeting with the required work done. Luckily, no harm was done and I was able to finish up my portion of the work peacefully. Thank you TAJJ!

4 comments:

Joycee said...

As a Life science student, I can seriously empathize with you! It is definitely not easy to study a Life science module as it is time-consuming and needs alot of memory work. I'm glad that your group understands that.

I was also facing the same situation whereby I have numerous mid-term tests myself and my part of the project to complete. I was late in sending my portion but I'm glad that my teammates didn't complain one bit. I guess is all about mutual understanding and trust for one another.

But of course you must do your part well and be responsible in order to gain respect and trust from your teammates. You're lucky to have such empathetic teammates whom understand your plight.

Alrighty, looking forward to your oral presentation! All the best!

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, man, for the post. I'm glad you were able to get the sort of support you needed from your group mates. Now I look forward to reading your report!

Anonymous said...

Dudezzz...you did good, so no worries! Apologies on the group's behalf for not clarifying that little background/introduction thingy. Let's just be glad the report's over for now! Next up: Oral Presentation! Let's totally kill it maan...

Woody said...

Yo bro, hey thanks for the encouragement! I really enjoyed working with you guys. Lets work a little harder for our presentation :D